8/19/21- CF VACCINATION ONLY AS OF SEPT 17TH
In consultation with our community and local City guidelines, Effective Friday- September 17th City Fitness will require proof of vaccination for all members and guests who wish to utilize the in door facilities. Members without proof of vaccination beyond 9.17.21 are encouraged to take advantage of our outdoor facilities and virtual offerings.
Those who wish to discontinue their access due tothe vaccine mandate must complete
one of the options below to avoid billing beyond the 9.17.21 deadline:
● TO FREEZE: City Fitness will extend a complimentary freeze to members who request to suspend their membership due to the vaccine mandates. FREEZE requests should be submitted no later than FRIDAY- SEPTEMBER 10th, to avoid billing beyond the 9.17.21 deadline.
● TO CANCEL: Although we hate to see you go, members who request to cancel their membership due to the vaccine mandates, should complete a CANCELLATION request no later than Monday AUGUST 23rd, to avoid billing beyond the 9.17.21deadline.
Please stay tuned for more information regarding vaccination tracking and other related details!
8/11/2021- VACCINATION MANDATE
By now, many of you have heard of the City’s announcement today implementing a new masking requirement on businesses due to the Delta COVID variant. This impacts our City Fitness community and we want to continue to do our part to keep everyone safe and healthy. As a result, effective Thursday August 12th City Fitness will be moving to implement a COVID Vaccine Mandate for all members who wish to use our facilities.
While we are working towards full implementation of this policy, we have requested from the City to allow for a period of transition- which is currently under formal review.
With that said, here is what you can expect as of tomorrow:
● Masking will not be required with proof of vaccination.
● Until we have secured a proper means for tracking, please come prepared to provide proof of vaccination for each gym visit. We understand this can be a pain, but it will be temporary and we appreciate your patience as we are working to quickly pivot in lieu of the City’s most recent mandate.
○ Approved proof of vaccination can be either:
■ a hard copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card or
■ a photo image of the front and back of your vaccination card
● Once registered/confirmed in our system, vaccinated members will be able to enjoy all the benefits of their membership and workout without masks if they choose
● If you were vaccinated in Philadelphia and your vaccine card is either lost or damaged, you can contact the City Department of Health at 215-685-5488 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will supply a replacement.
● Unvaccinated members will have 30 days to provide proof of vaccination.
● During the period of transition members who have not provided proof of vaccination will be required to remain masked at all times.
● Members who fail to provide proof of vaccination will not be permitted entry after the 30-day transition period.
All Members will continue to have access to the outdoor facilities and virtual offerings.
Despite the many challenges of the pandemic, we have and will remain dedicated to the health and safety of our community. We share in your frustration and ask for patience as we quickly maneuver so that we can continue to safely provide health and fitness options with as little interruption as possible!